Other Centres and Units within the Department of Politics and International Relations
- The Oxford Centre for the Study of Inequality and Democracy (formerly the Centre for the Study of Democratic Government) is a new organisation, directed by Prof Nancy Bermeo, aiming to promote both independent and collaborative research among the diverse community of comparative politics specialists at Oxford.
- Oxford-Sciences Po Research Group (OXPO): OXPO is a meeting point for social science scholars in Oxford and at Sciences Po, who work on the comparative analysis of the evolution of political systems and societies, in Europe and beyond. It coordinates various comparative research projects that contribute to this goal and offers various opportunities to develop new ones, including for doctoral students and post-docs.
- The Public Services: Quality, Performance and Delivery Programme was funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) for five years from November 2004. The Programme's research examined long-standing problems of public service provision, focusing on inter-linked themes including targets, incentives and innovation. It concentrated on studies that demonstrate the counterintuitive properties of complex systems, the unintended effects of policy designs, and the relationship between beliefs and perceptions about common measures or practices.
- CentreForum is an independent, liberal think-tank which aims to develop evidence-based, long term policy solutions to the problems facing Britain.
- Institute for Public Policy Research (ippr) is a progressive think-tank which seeks to the promotion of social justice, democratic participation, and economic and environmental sustainability in government policy.
- New Local Government Network is an independent think-tank which seeks the transformation of public services, the revitalisation of local political leadership and the empowerment of local communities.
- New Politics Network is an independent political and campaigning think-tank concerned with issues relating to democratic renewal and popular participation in politics.
- The Policy Institute at Trinity College, Dublin is a multi-disciplinary public policy research institute.
Policy Network is an international thinktank dedicated to promoting progressive policies and the renewal of social democracy. Policy Network facilitates the sharing of ideas and experiences among politicians, policymakers and experts on the centre-left.